Ecommerce Websites Marketing
Ecommerce website marketing uses the same marketing practices that non-ecommerce websites use but in ways tailored specifically for ecommerce websites.
Optimize Your Product Pages for Your Customers
Customers expect product pages to have certain information and be easy to use. When optimizing product pages, these factors need to be kept in mind:
- A user-friendly layout
- Videos and images of products
- Useful product descriptions and other helpful information
– Page Speed Optimization
Page speed is a critical factor that search engines use to rank pages, because it directly impacts the user experience. Even a fraction of a second in a page’s load time will significantly affect the page’s bounce rate and conversion rate. Therefore, optimizing code, videos and photos, along with using a good hosting service that has reliable and powerful servers, is of the greatest importance.
Google provides a free online to tool that will help you measure your web pages speed.
– Email Communications
After purchases, email is the easiest way to improve customers’ experience and remain in contact with them. Email updates should be sent to customers when their order is fulfilled and shipped, and a follow-up email should be sent after they have received the product. In the follow-up email, your company can make sure the customer is highly satisfied and ask for a review. Email is also a great way to keep customers up to date with company news and special offers.
– Structured Data
Google, Yahoo and Bing all recommend implementing a standard schema over all product pages of an ecommerce website. A common, but highly effective, schema is a star-system for product reviews. These show up in the search engine result pages (SERPs)and improve click through rates (CTR).
– Utilize Social Media Marketing for Your Ecommerce Website
There are several ways to adapt social media to the unique needs of an ecommerce website:
- Social Ecommerce Stores: Building mini-stores on social media platforms will expose new customers to your company’s products.
- Press Release Distribution: A press release distribution is a great way to alert customers of a new product launch or a special promotion.
- Social Media Marketing: Interacting with customers on social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+, shows that your company cares about its customers.
- Influencer Relations: Connecting with others who are respected in your industry will build trust with their audiences.
– Track Your Ecommerce Performance
Your company’s ecommerce marketing efforts must be tracked, so you can identify which strategies work best. Google Analytics has a special feature for ecommerce websites, which lets users track how well products sell, the site’s gross revenue, the number of units sold and other, similar, details. These are all conveniently shown in Google Analytics’ ecommerce reports and integrate with Google AdWords.